In order to protect vulnerable and elderly people and to slow the spread of the virus among the population, it is important to take a number of precautions and adopt barrier measures as with any other respiratory disease:
- Limit social contact to the strict minimum and stay home as much as possible.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1 meter from other people.
- Wash your hands very regularly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hydroalcoholic gel to rub your hands if washing with soap and water is not possible.
- Cough or sneeze into the crease of your elbow or into a disposable tissue and dispose of it in a closed garbage bin.
- Greet without shaking hands, avoid hugs and do not longer kiss.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.